Samstag, 10. November 2012 - 2 Kommentare

First Quarter .. already done :(

Hey Guys,
What´s up ?

I am busy here, like I have never been before. The time flies faster than expected and i´m so not looking forward to come home. Hahaha i´m sorry guys, but it´s so awesome here. I´m doing good in school so i got straight A´s, but it´s still hard to do all those homework, studying, sports, theater and friends at the same time so I am always really looking forward to the weekend to sleep a little bit longer.

The first Quarter went pretty good. As I already told you straight A, with hard work. Besides classes i am in a leadership club which is basically a Conflict Resolution Crew, where we´re playing games and prevent and solve conflicts in a playful way. I´m also joining the International Club, a club for Exchange Students, for fun and food, the indoor soccer team (not in school) and the Swimming team (in school). But right now the biggest and hardest job I have is in the tech crew, backstage of our Musical "Hairspray", where I have to help coordinate all those scene changes, but it is really fun because I just have a beautiful crew that listens and follows perfectly. The only problem I have right now is, that swimming starts on Monday and rehearsals go till next weekend, which basically means i miss the first week of practice which is usually the most important. But, oh well, whatever. ... Hairspray.... * spirit-fingers* boom blackout .. applause. 















Something I really want to tell you are the field-trips we take in CRC (Conflict Resolution Crew) with our incredible teacher. First we had a team building event at a roping parcour. That was really cool and brought us as a class and crew (including Leadership Club) closer together. The next event was at Horlick High School (Which I normally don´t like, cause i´m proud to be an eagle), where we as crew taught our and many other teachers how to relax from a hard week and we tried to break barriers and get them out of their shelters of "teacherness". It was soo fun, and a great experience to hear the feedback afterwards how we affected them. I would really love to try that at my home school. The next event we had was called Mix It Up and is an every year field-trip were our class and other leaders invite students to share our experiences, fun, and energy. We also  acted a little play which was a great start for me to gain confidence in my acting. Then three days ago, we had (in my opinion) the best field-trip ever. We went .... drum rolls .... !! ... to a youth detention center for females, which basically means a girls-prison. We went to jail. Hahaha ... Done. It was so cool and i really felt like an idiot because I imagined it would properly be like in those movies like Lucky Luke .. you know what I mean. But of course it wasn´t like this. It was just basic, white walls, bluish  looked doors. It seemed cold ... maybe because there was no heating ... maybe. It ws cold. The Girls, in average 16 years old, performed a show for us, which was called "Finding Asia". This play was created together with the girls by the "Storycatchers" where each girl wrote its own story, and a moment that really affected them in a negative or positive manner. Then all those stories got put together to the final script. Then some Professionals from a symphony-orchestra created fitting music and done. So at the end the main character had 8 different stories which formed its Character. That´s basically what I did too in CRC (my theater class). But the play was really impressive, because you hear the story and see how the girls act it and you feel how they relate to parts of this character. Afterwards we had lunch with them and the opportunity to ask them, and give comment. The Lunch was kind of scary because some girls haven´t seen a boy for over a year so ... We got targets. But it was still a great experience and i am really looking forward to visiting them again next year to show them our play.

Oh short in between, I want to give a shout out to our great principal, who is disabled in wheelchair and still one of the greatest guys in the world. He supports this school like his own child. He even got a role in the musical, he sang at the choir concert, he came to our "teach teachers event" and of course he watches the sports teams. A really great guy !!

Next point Elections. The elections were extremely exiting. It was so close between the two candidates, but Obama made it a second time. I didn´t really support a party (even if I did I wouldn´t tell it here in "public") but I still followed along and tried to understand. It was difficult and confusing for me because I am not used to 24/7 election commercials. But it was very interesting to see how some react, fight or take the result. The best part for me was the Elections Day itself because i went with the YouthEmpoweredinStruggle-Club (another Club I join) on a tour through a Part of the town that brought the least amount of voters in percent, to get some people out to vote. The event was called "Get out to Vote - Your Vote is your Voice", and provided free Pizza (which was kinda nasty) and a Shirt. An awesome event, which was also broadcasted by many TV & Radio Stations.

Next week i am going to start my CPR course, which is nothing else than "Erste Hilfe". I also got offered that I may get the opportunity to shadow some surgeons at a local hospital. This is my first hour and one (fortunatly only one) Day i came to late (like 5min). School doors were already closed. I was so lucky that a girl saw me and let me into the school and obviously my Med-Term teachers likes me so she let me in without a truancy. YES !! I love this class.

My engine class, sucks ! Boring as freak ! The whole class is behaving like a big poop bag. I´m still not done with taking it apart because the teacher lets our lab time depending on how we behave. I am bored every hour. We watch videos, take notes, get hour-long speeches about how to behave ... but most of the time to the wrong people because he already sent the bad ones out so that at the end of every hour only half of the class is in the room.

My stay here is soo awesome i never want to leave ! But unfortunately I have some time but till then I can wait !

2 Kommentare:

Anonym 12. November 2012 um 07:52

Hi Benny,

I do have to admit that everything you write about your school actually manages to make me envy you your experience. But isn#t it strange that a pupil (equals hates school in general) is so fascinated by it? Well, congrats on your grades!! So, one day, I´ll try to figure out how many courses and clubs your school actually offers.

JH

Rebecca 19. November 2012 um 09:54

Straight As... awesome. Great pictures, looks like a lot of fun. You seem to have loads of cool clubs over there *wants*

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Don´t worry about commenting, just do it ... ANYONE ... Let me know what you´re thinking about my Blog so don´t hesitate showing me your point of view ... I´m pretty exited ;) LET´S GO !!
Ohh und wenn ihr anonym schreibt, schreibt vllt unter den Kommentar nen Namen mit dam man euch wieder erkennt wenn ihr weitere Kommentare schreibt oder falls ich euch antworten will, damit ich euch nicht alle mit A1 A2 ... ansprechen muss ;) Beispiele wären: Packfan2011 / 4evaCHBULLS ... Stutti1893 ... ;) euch wird schon was einfallen !!!